Chef Manager | Mid North Coast
Conduct a strategic review of catering services
A location with options to live on the coast, in town or in a rural setting
Supportive work environment
Manage the Catering function of a reputable, independent aged care organisation.
Our client is a long-standing, reputable NFP organisation providing aged care services on the NSW North Coast. Their campus includes a large residential facility, a large village with supported units and some community services and café / restaurant facilities.
This 12 month contract role will manage the catering function while undertaking a review designed to optimise food quality and catering function efficiency.
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of catering staff and build a positive culture of engagement and excellence.
- Oversee the efficient daily operations of the kitchen and the catering team including rostering, budgets, stock management and reporting.
- Undertake a review of the catering function to identify the optimal strategy for delivering high quality, cost-effective food to residents.
- Develop quality, seasonal menu plans that incorporate advice and recommendations from the clinical team, residents, dieticians and allied health staff.
- Manage the catering budget.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and lead continuous quality improvement in the Catering Function.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Previous experience in a bulk catering function
- Team leadership experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of kitchen operations
- Qualified Food Safety Supervisor
- Minimum Certificate III in Commercial Cookery, or equivalent
- Strong organisation skills.
- A remuneration packaging inclusive of NFP salary packaging.
- Free onsite accommodation.
- The possibility of contract extension into a permanent role.
- The great work-life balance that comes from a coastal / regional location.
Call Julie Moore on 0408 236 166 or (02) 9440 4337 for a confidential discussion.
To apply, email your application today to firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment is conditional upon the right to work in Australia and satisfactory background checks.