Quality Manager | Home Care | Melbourne
Build organisation-wide quality ownership
A provider with high client and staff satisfaction levels
Flexible work arrangements
Lead the Quality function. Implement best practice, including improvements to services. A client-focused culture ripe for embedding shared ownership of quality outcomes.
Our client is a highly regarded, large and independent home care provider operating in the eastern Australian states. It is a growing company, led by a stable executive team, with high levels of client and staff satisfaction and a positive, values-driven culture.
The role of Quality Manager is a key, senior management role. It operates from the head office in Melbourne and has strong support from centralised specialist teams and excellent IT systems.
The role is responsible for:
- Compliance including preparation for external audits
- Risk management
- Continuous improvement, including enhancements to services
- Support to service teams and development of a culture of shared ownership of quality
- Upskilling of service teams and driving joint ownership of quality
- Quality Framework management, including development of policies and procedures
- Best practice research, development and implementation
- Building strong relationships with external parties including regulatory bodies
- Acting as Privacy Officer for the organisation
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in a quality, compliance or governance role in aged care
- A clinical background, with an RN registration ideal
- Knowledge of the aged care regulatory and funding environments.
- Demonstrated ability to drive quality improvements that lead to an improved client experience
- Strong collaboration, relationship-building and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and ora
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills
- package including the benefits of salary packaging
- Work flexibility options incl. some work from home. If you work in regional VIC and can access the Melbourne office regularly, there is also the possibility of working remotely.
- Career opportunities in this growing organisation
- Access to significant L&D
Call Julie Moore on 0408 236 166 or (02) 9440 4337 for a confidential discussion.
Apply Now: To apply use the link on this page or email your application today to email@example.com
Appointment is conditional upon the right to work in Australia and satisfactory background checks.